CASA Vegetable Garden
Enjoy being outside and working with your hands? The Garden is the place for you! Volunteers work along side the Garden Coordinator to plant, weed, and harvest produce 10 months out of the year. Great for groups, families, and individuals. Please see Garden schedule for days and times to work.
Individuals are welcome to work any time during the open hours, NO SCHEDULING NECESSARY or online application is required. Groups should complete a group application before scheduling. Call Lauren in the CASA office with any questions, 256-533-7775.
The Garden will not be open on days when there is inclement weather or if temperatures will not be above 40 Degrees.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, new procedures for volunteers are as follows:
- Before volunteering, volunteers should review the guidelines provided by the Alabama Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (ALVOAD), by clicking here.
- Volunteers should provide their own working gloves.
- Volunteers should provide their own masks.
- Groups must schedule with the office, 256-533-7775.
- Groups must schedule within the open garden hours.
CASA of Madison County is honored to have the long time support of the Alabama’s Mountains, Rivers & Valleys RC&D Council for the CASA Vegetable Garden.